My Local Bee, LLC.
Last updated: July 24, 2020.
This Privacy Notice describes how My Local Bee, LLC., and its affiliates (collectively “MLB”) hereafter www.mylocalbee.com collect and process your personal information through MLB websites, devices, products, services, online, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together “MLB Services”).
By using MLB Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does MLB Collect? We collect the following personal information to provide and continually improve our products and services:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to MLB Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of MLB Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through MLB Services. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses MLB Services and other content served by or on behalf of MLB on other websites.
For What Purposes Does MLB Use Your Personal Information? We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, set up and track deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products, services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve MLB Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze site performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the MLB Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with MLB Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from our vendors information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to MLB Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse to protect the security of our customers, MLB, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, recognize you as a member, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. You may set your preferences through Your Account. To access your account, you must register and create one.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve MLB's content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on MLB sites and third-party sites.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
MLB’s cookies allow you to take advantage of some of MLB's essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any MLB products and services that require you to sign in.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The 'Help' feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
Does MLB Share Your Personal Information? Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others.
We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with subsidiaries, MLB.com, Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
Protection of MLB and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Shopper Terms and Conditions, and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MLB, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Secure Is Your Personal Information? We and those companies that handle all stored or transmitted information work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- Our technology vendors use, to the best of our knowledge, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data
- Our vendors provide, maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data.
What About Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: MLB Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
- Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant MLB ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier.
What Information Can I Access? You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, household settings, and purchase history in the "Your Account" section of the website.
Are Children Allowed to Use MLB Services? MLB does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use MLB Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions. If you choose to use MLB Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Shopper Terms and Conditions, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of New Jersey.
Information You Give Us When You Use MLB Services
- search or shop for products or services in our stores
- add or remove an item from your cart
- place an order through or use MLB Services
- provide information in your account
- Your Account
- upload your contacts
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with an MLB device or service
- provide information in your Vendor Account, or any other account we make available that allows you to develop or offer software, goods, or services to MLB customers
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form
- participate in an auction
- Watchlists, Wish lists or other gift registries
- participate in Discussion Boards or other community features
- provide and rate reviews
- specify a Special Occasion Reminder; or employ product availability, such as Available to Order Notifications
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers
- payment information
- your age
- your location information
- your IP addresses
- people, their addresses provided, and phone numbers listed
- e-mail addresses of your friends and other people
- content of reviews and e-mails to us
- personal description and photograph in your profile
- information and documents regarding identity, including Social Security and driver's license numbers
- corporate and financial information
- credit history information
- device log files and configurations, including Wi-Fi credentials, if you choose to automatically synchronize them with your other MLB devices
Automatic Information. Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet
- login, e-mail address, and password
- the location of your device or computer
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures
- version and time zone settings
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like top sellers
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, though, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number
- device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources. Examples of some of the information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily
- account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links)
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers
Information You Can Access. Examples of information you can access through MLB Services include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions)
- your complete order history
- personally, identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book)
- payment settings (including payment card information, and promotional certificate
- e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders, and newsletters)
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations)
- shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists and Baby and Wedding Registries)
- your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized advertising preferences
- content that you recently viewed
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders, and personal profile